Now that Spring has sprung, we hope you have visited the list on our website and selected 4 new POSITIVE practices to enhance your life AND to send ripples of positivity to others and our planet. We suggest your cornerstone activity be Meat Free Monday. Sending your life in a more plant-based direction has all sorts of rewards for you, our fellow creatures, and our planet. It’s fun to plan ahead and make sure your fridge is well stocked the weekend before. This beautiful salad will tickle your tastebuds and kick your week off to a great start!
This GORGEOUS salad comes our way from the fabulous Maui Beach Vegan! Please visit the website for more recipes brimming with the spirit of ALOHA!
Orange Sesame Kale Salad with Balsamic-Infused Mango Strawberries
Recipe from Maui Beach Vegan
- 1/2 cup Sesame Seeds / Toasted
- 2 Cups fresh Strawberries / Sliced
- 2 Cups fresh Mango / Cubed
- 1 Tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil / Optional, Julienned
- 2 Tablespoons + 1/4 cup Orange Juice / Freshly squeezed is best
- 8 Cups Kale / Washed, ribs removed, sliced into 2-inch thin strips or bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil / Can substitute with Avocado, Coconut, or any oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
- In a bowl, carefully combine strawberries, mango, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, and 2 tablespoons Orange Juice. Set in refrigerator for at least a few hours or overnight. (Overnight is best.)
- Toast your Sesame seeds in a skillet for a few minutes, or buy them already toasted.
- Massage the Kale: (You can do this 2-3 hours before serving, or as early as the morning as your lunch or dinner). Combine the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Kale in a bowl, and massage with your hands until the leaves darken in color, and become tender. You can do this for about a minute.
- Add in the 1/4 cup Orange Juice and Sesame Oil, and massage into the Kale
- For Presentation: Layer massaged Kale, then fresh fruit. Finish with a touch of Orange zest if you have it, and toasted Sesame seeds.